FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT R/TRO APPLICATION
1. Can I use photocopies of my transcripts?
Yes you can – this is perfectly okay for you to do this
2. Do I have to have the job description for each job listed in the work experience area?
Yes you do.
3. What Professional Organizations can I submit with my package?
If they are related to your current position, please submit them. If you are unsure if they qualify, please submit them in your package with an explanation of the organization and it’s applicability to your job. The Review Committee will decide if the affiliation(s) is (are) appropriate.
4. I have lost my documentation to past TRO conferences I have attended. What do I to?
Unfortunately, the TRO office is not able to supply documentation for past conferences. It is imperative for you to keep all documentation for all conferences and workshops that you attend. We would also encourage you to participate in the PCC process at each TRO conference in order to ensure that there are clear records of your participation.
5. I have attended TRO conferences prior to the PCC process being created for the 2005 Conference. What section do I count my points sponsored TRO events, or non-TRO sponsored events?
You will be able to count points in the TRO-sponsored section, but if you could provide as much information as possible, such as conference receipts, conference brochures, etc. for conferences attended prior to the PCC process being implemented, it would be greatly appreciated.
6. Do I have to be a member of TRO prior to being able to apply to be Registered through TRO?
Yes you do need to be a member of TRO prior to being able to submit your Registration Application package.
7. How will I find out if my application is successful?
You will be notified by mail regarding the status of your application in the month that your package is reviewed. For example, if you submitted your package for the November Review, you will be notified in November. If you are successful, you will receive a Registration Card. If you have not been successful, your letter will outline the missing information you will need to submit with your appeal.
8. When are the submission dates for Registration?
Please ensure your package is postmarked by the first of the month prior to the review.Packages will be reviewed quarterly – February 1st, May 1st, August 1st, and November 1st.
9. Do I have to maintain my membership to retain Registration status?
Yes you do. You must maintain membership to maintain Registration. Any interruptions to your membership will nullify Registration status.