Professional Documents for Current Members of TRO
The following documents have been created by TRO and are available for members to advocate for Therapeutic Recreation and advance the profession.
- TRO Standards of Practice - English | TRO Standards of Practice - French
- TRO Code of Ethics
- TRO Scope of Practice
- TRO Essential Competency Framework - This document was created in partnership with educators and practitioners across Ontario to guide curriculum, student placement requirements and professional practice.
- R/TRO Elevator Statement - TRO Members! Have you ever had trouble explaining the importance of RTRO to others? Do you want an easy way to describe the purpose of this designation? Now, imagine you had two minutes alone in an elevator and your goal is to explain what R/TRO is and why it is important. The Registration Committee has created an elevator statement to bring to light some important points regarding the R/TRO designation.
- Recreation Therapist Role Description
- Recreation Therapy Assistant (RTA) Role Description
Download PDF files below; for bulk orders of brochures (FREE to TRO members) please visit the TRO Store page.
- Therapeutic Recreation Ontario brochure
- Recreation Therapy brochure
- Why Become Registered with TRO brochure
- Why Hire Registered TRO Professionals brochure
- Visiting your loved ones in care homes during COVID-19
- TR Programming Tips & Resources
- Making meals together at home
- Fun, meaningful activities to do at home during COVID-19
- What is Therapeutic Recreation? (added Feb 2019)
- TR in Long-Term Care
- TR in Mental Health Settings
- Helping participants on the road to satisfying, adapted recreation (added April 2019)
- Benefits of TR in Pediatric Care (added May 2019) Complete list of research references
- Social Prescription and TR (added May 2019)