TRO Advanced Practice in TR Award
This award was created to honour and recognize those individuals in TR who continue to elevate the practice of therapeutic recreation through innovation in research and practice. They have created new programs or documents that everyday practitioners are able to use in daily practice through their evidence based research. This award acknowledges that because of their contribution to TR the profession has been positively impacted.
2018 Award Winner:
Jennifer Ashby, R/TRO
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Erin Wilkie, Jennifer Ashby, Leanne Hughes
This award was established in 2015 to highlight Registered Professional Members of TRO who elevate the practice of TR.
Previous award winners:
Kristen English, R/TRO
Kim Durst-Mackenzie, R/TRO
Kim Lopez and Carrie Briscoe
A nominee must demonstrate:
- Development of innovative practice, research or advancement in the profession
- Evidence of stimulating adoption of said practice(s) by professional at local, regional and provincial level and/or national level
- Demonstrate transfer of knowledge and expertise to other professionals through activities such as presentations, publishing, dissemination of templates/documents for agency utilization
- Must hold R/TRO or R/TRO DIP designation
The Winner Receives:
- 1 Complimentary Registered Professional membership renewal
- Recognition at the Annual TRO Conference Awards Ceremony Dinner (includes 2 complimentary tickets)
- TRO Certificate
- TRO Award
- Recognition in various TRO communications: TRO website, e-TRO, TRO Blog ...
All identifying information will be removed prior to selection committee review
The Awards Sub-Committee consists of a minimum of 3 volunteers including: at least one representative from the Membership and Professional Services Committee and up to six TRO members (the TRO Communications Coordinator is an ex-officio member). It is responsible for reviewing TRO award nominations and will forward recommendations to the Membership and Professional Services Committee for approval by the TRO board of directors.
Anyone may nominate a Registered Professional member for this award. Download the award nomination form questions, complete and save on your computer. Upload your completed form (describing how your nominee meets the criteria for this award) where indicated in the award nomination form below. Complete and submit the award nomination form.
If you have any questions about the award nomination process, please contact the Communications Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your involvement in the award application process!