TRO Advanced Practitioner in TR Award
This award was created to honour and recognize those individuals in TR who continue to elevate the practice of therapeutic recreation through innovation in research and practice. They have created new programs or documents that everyday practitioners are able to use in daily practice through their evidence based research. This award acknowledges that because of their contribution to TR the profession has been positively impacted.
2017 Award Winner:
Kristen English, R/TRO
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital
Sue Verrilli, Kristen English, Amanda Brown
This award was established in 2015 to highlight Registered Professional Members of TRO who elevate the practice of TR.
Previous award winners:
Kim Durst-Mackenzie, R/TRO
Kim Lopez and Carrie Briscoe
A nominee must demonstrate:
- Development of innovative practice, research or advancement in the profession
- Evidence of stimulating adoption of said practice(s) by professional at local, regional and provincial level and/or national level
- Demonstrate transfer of knowledge and expertise to other professionals through activities such as presentations, publishing, dissemination of templates/documents for agency utilization
- Must hold R/TRO or R/TRO DIP designation
Complete and submit the award nomination form (below). In addition, please email Amanda at email@example.com with a 500-750 word narrative (completed in MS Word) describing how this nominee has advanced the profession of TR. Please review the nomination criteria above and have your nomination description reflect that.
- $200.00 TRO Store Coupon
- Recognition at the Annual TRO Conference Volunteer Appreciation and Awards Ceremony Dinner (includes 2 complimentary tickets)
- TRO Certificate
- TRO Award
- Recognition in various TRO communications: TRO website, e-TRO, TRO Blog ...
All identifying information will be removed prior to selection committee review
The Awards Sub-Committee consists of a minimum of 3 volunteers including: at least one representative from the Membership and Professional Services Committee and up to six TRO members (the TRO Communications Coordinator is an ex-officio member). It is responsible for reviewing TRO award nominations and will forward recommendations to the Membership and Professional Services Committee for approval by the TRO board of directors.
Please contact the Professional and Membership Services Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your involvement in the award application process!