Innovation in TR Award
(formerly known as the Advanced Practice in TR Award)
This award was created to honour and recognize those individuals in TR who continue to elevate the practice of Therapeutic Recreation through innovation in research and practice. They have created new programs or documents that practitioners are able to use in daily practice through their evidence-based research. This award acknowledges that, because of their contribution to TR, the profession has been positively impacted.
2019 Award Winner:
Kamila Gemin, R/TRO
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton
l to r: Kamila Gemin, Monica Almas
This award was established in 2015 to highlight Registered Professional Members of TRO who elevate the practice of TR.
Past award winners:
|2018||Jennifer Ashby, R/TRO|
|2017||Kristen English, R/TRO|
|2016||Kim Durst-Mackenzie, R/TRO|
|2015||Kim Lopez and Carrie Briscoe|
A nominee must demonstrate:
- Development of innovative practice, research or advancement in the profession
- Evidence of stimulating adoption of said practice(s) by professional at local, regional and provincial level and/or national level
- Demonstrate transfer of knowledge and expertise to other professionals through activities such as presentations, publishing, dissemination of templates/documents for agency utilization
- Must hold R/TRO or R/TRO DIP designation
The Winner Receives:
- One Complimentary Registered Professional membership renewal
- Recognition at the Annual TRO Conference Awards Ceremony Dinner (includes two complimentary tickets)
- TRO Award plaque
- Recognition in various TRO communications: TRO website, e-TRO, TRO Blog, etc.
The Awards Sub-Committee consists of a minimum of three volunteers including: at least one representative from the Membership Services Committee and up to six TRO members (TRO's Communications Coordinator is an ex-officio member). It is responsible for reviewing TRO award nominations and will forward recommendations to the Membership Services Committee for approval by the TRO board of directors.
Anyone may nominate a Registered Professional member for this award. Download the award nomination form questions, complete and save on your computer. Upload your completed form (describing how your nominee meets the criteria for this award) where indicated in the award nomination form below. Complete and submit the award nomination form.
If you have any questions about the award nomination process, please contact the Communications Coordinator at: email@example.com.
Thank you for your involvement in the award application process!