Student Mentorship Award
This award is given to an educator, instructor, professor or direct internship/practicum/placement supervisor who has been influential to a student in TR. The successful recipient will be someone who has helped guide a future practitioner in the field of TR through assistance with educational instruction, field placement, etc. Mentoring students is a very important part of building the future of this profession!
2021 Award Winner
This award was created in 2015 to recognize educators who play an important role in the future of TR by guiding and supporting their students.
Past award winners:
|2018||Stacey Sestric, R/TRO|
|2017||Sarah West, R/TRO|
|2016||Karen Grauer, R/TRO|
|2015||Karen Hirshfield, R/TRO|
- Must be a TRO member
- Only current TRO student members, or TRO student members who have since graduated from a TR program in the last 12 months are eligible to nominate a TRO member (educator, instructor, professor or direct internship/practicum/placement supervisor) for this award.
Current TRO Board of Directors are not eligible for this award.
The Winner Receives:
- One Complimentary Registered Professional membership renewal
- Professional Contribution points for initial Registration (R/TRO, R/TRO DIP) application (awarded = 4, nominated = 2, to a maximum total of 6 points)
- Recognition at the Annual TRO Conference Awards Ceremony Dinner (includes two complimentary tickets)
- TRO Award plaque
- Recognition in various TRO communications: TRO website, e-TRO, TRO Blog, etc.
The Awards Sub-Committee consists of a minimum of three volunteers including: at least one representative from the Membership Services Committee and up to six TRO members (TRO's Communications Coordinator is an ex-officio member). It is responsible for reviewing TRO award nominations and will forward recommendations to the Membership Services Committee for approval by the TRO board of directors. The selection committee will identify if there is a conflict of interest with any of the award categories, any persons with a conflict of interest will not be part of the discussion and decision-making process for that award.
Only current TRO student members, or TRO student members who have since graduated from a TR program in the last 12 months, are eligible to nominate a TRO member (educator, instructor, professor or direct internship/practicum/placement supervisor) for this award. Download the award nomination form questions, complete and save on your computer. Upload your completed form (describing how your nominee meets the criteria for this award) where indicated in the award nomination form below. Complete and submit the award nomination form.
If you have any questions about the award nomination process, please contact the Communications Coordinator at: email@example.com.
Thank you for your involvement in the award application process!