TRO Organization Award
This award was created to honour the individual / organization who shows outstanding support to the TR profession. This individual / organization assists in contributing to TR and elevating the field by supporting innovative programming, education, TR Awareness Month (etc.). The TRO Organization Award highlights an outstanding individual / organization who continues to support the growing profession of TR.
2019 Award Winner
Therapeutic Recreation Team,
St. Joseph’s London – Mount Hope Centre for Long Term Care
This award was created in 2015 to highlight individuals / organizations who contribute to TR by suppporting the profession.
Past award winners:
|2018||Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Recreation Therapy Team|
|2016||Sienna Senior Living|
|2015||Dr. Mary Ann Mountain|
A nominee must be employed in a leadership position not necessary in TR (Supervisor, Leaders, Managers, Directors, Presidents).
Examples of outstanding support of the TR profession:
- Actively hiring TR trained staff
- Promoting the development of staff
- Supporting staff to be a part of TRO
- Organization attending TRO Conference
- Organization participating in TR Month
The Winner Receives:
- One Complimentary Conference Session Recording
- A copy of the latest volume of the TRPR Journal of TRO
- Professional Contribution points for initial Registration (R/TRO, R/TRO DIP) application (awarded = 4, nominated = 2)
- Recognition at the Annual TRO Conference Awards Ceremony Dinner (includes two complimentary tickets)
- TRO Certificate
- TRO Award
- Recognition in various TRO communications: TRO website, e-TRO, TRO Blog, etc.
The Awards Sub-Committee consists of a minimum of three volunteers including: at least one representative from the Membership Services Committee and up to six TRO members (TRO's Communications Coordinator is an ex-officio member). It is responsible for reviewing TRO award nominations and will forward recommendations to the Membership Services Committee for approval by the TRO board of directors.
Anyone may nominate an individual or organization for this award. Download the award nomination form questions, complete and save on your computer. Upload your completed form (describing how your nominee meets the criteria for this award) where indicated in the award nomination form below. Complete and submit the award nomination form.
If you have any questions about the award nomination process, please contact the Communications Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your involvement in the award application process!