This award was created to honour the sole proprietor/education institution/organization who shows outstanding support to the TR profession. This sole proprietor/education institution/organization assists in contributing to TR and elevating the field by supporting innovative programming, education, TR Awareness Month, etc. The TRO Organization Award highlights an outstanding sole proprietor/education institution/organization who continues to support the growing profession of Therapeutic Recreation.
2020 Award Winner
BSO Provincial Coordinating Office – North Bay Regional Health Centre
This award was created in 2015 to highlight sole proprietors/education institutions/organizations who contribute to TR by suppporting the profession.
Past award winners:
Therapeutic Recreation Team, St. Joseph's London –
|2018||Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre Recreation Therapy Team|
|2016||Sienna Senior Living|
|2015||Dr. Mary Ann Mountain|
A nominee must be employed in a leadership position not necessary in TR (Supervisor, Leaders, Managers, Directors, Presidents).
Examples of outstanding support of the TR profession:
- Actively hiring TR trained staff
- Promoting the development of staff
- Supporting staff to be a part of TRO
- Organization attending TRO Conference
- Organization participating in TR Month
The Winner Receives:
- One Complimentary package of Conference Session Recordings
- A copy of the latest volume of the TRPR Journal of TRO
- Professional Contribution points for initial Registration (R/TRO, R/TRO DIP) application (awarded = 4, nominated = 2, to a maximum total of 6 points)
- Recognition at the Annual TRO Conference Awards Ceremony Dinner (includes two complimentary tickets)
- TRO Award plaque
- Recognition in various TRO communications: TRO website, e-TRO, TRO Blog, etc.
The Awards Sub-Committee consists of a minimum of three volunteers including: at least one representative from the Membership Services Committee and up to six TRO members (TRO's Communications Coordinator is an ex-officio member). It is responsible for reviewing TRO award nominations and will forward recommendations to the Membership Services Committee for approval by the TRO board of directors. The selection committee will identify if there is a conflict of interest with any of the award categories, any persons with a conflict of interest will not be part of the discussion and decision-making process for that award.
Anyone may nominate a (an) sole proprietor/education institution/organization for this award. Download the award nomination form questions, complete and save on your computer. Upload your completed form (describing how your nominee meets the criteria for this award) where indicated in the award nomination form below. Complete and submit the award nomination form.
If you have any questions about the award nomination process, please contact the Communications Coordinator at: email@example.com.
Thank you for your involvement in the award application process!