Many TR practitioners, educators and students in the province look forward to the Annual TRO Conference to learn new innovate program ideas, stay current on the latest TR trends and research, earn Professional Contribution Credits (PCCs) and connect with other TR professionals during the social networking opportunities.
2018 TRO Conference
Therapeutic Recreation Ontario is pleased to announce our 19th Annual Conference at the Brookstreet Hotel in Ottawa, Ontario.
Please click on the following link to book your hotel room at the special conference rate: https://aws.passkey.com/e/
From May 30 through June 1, 2018 you will grow your profession and your practice and at the same time, re-energize your personal and professional self without ever having to leave the grounds of the beautiful, “Brookstreet Hotel and Conference Centre”.
Click below to download all of the conference details including a new twist to this year’s conference -a new certification stream will be offered to become a “Certified Laughter Yoga Leader”!
Conference highlights include:
- Presentations that feature a variety of popular topics and current issues in our field
- Keynote speakers that will challenge you to assess your personal and professional growth
- Valerie Spironello- will explore compassion fatigue and explain the “cost of caring”
- Todd Nicholson- as an icon in the competitive sports world for persons with disabilities and Chef de Mission of the Canadian team for the 2018 Winter Paralympic games, Todd will share his passion and his journey.
- The interactive AGM on Wednesday afternoon
- An opportunity to reunite with colleagues across the province and recognize and celebrate achievements at the Wednesday Dinner and Awards Event (included in your conference fees)
- Valuable information relevant to TR shared in Poster Presentations
- Amazing products and services showcased through the Tradeshow and Silent Auction
- A variety of “Re-energize” sessions, all on site and complimentary for easy access
- Two Evening Socials will “invigorate your senses” and touch all 5 domains of a healthy you.
*Please note that PCC approval is pending. Once approval is achieved the Brochure will be updated and reposted on the TRO website. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Conference registration is now open! Be sure to register by April 8 to receive the Early Bird discount.
Thinking of traveling to Ottawa using VIA RAIL, Porter, or Air Canada? Click HERE for discount details!
Call for Volunteers