Education Institution Partnership
Welcome, 2023-2024 EIP Schools:
|Algonquin College||Confederation College||Fleming College||Georgian College|
|Lambton College||Mohawk College||Niagara College||Queen’s College|
|Seneca College||St. Lawrence College||University of Waterloo|
About the Education Institution Partnership (EIP)
Are you a recognized post-secondary education institution offering courses in Therapeutic Recreation (TR)? If so, the EIP will be a significant benefit for your students giving them an advantage in this competitive economy.
TRO is a professional association which exists in order to guide, support, educate and advocate for its members and provides direction for the advancement of this young profession. We recognize that your students are the future of the TR profession and we want their voices to be heard! The EIP provides an opportunity for all of your TR students (and one faculty) to experience the benefits of their professional membership association at no cost to them.
The cost for the EIP is $350 + hst for a one-year membership which runs from September 1st to August 31st of the school year for which it was purchased. This fee includes TRO Student Memberships for all of your TR students as well as one faculty TRO Membership.
- TR students will have access to the same benefits of a professional membership (excluding voting) without experiencing the fees.
- Transition Discount – Upon graduation, your students will be eligible for a 50% discount on their first Professional/Registered Professional Membership
- Access to resources such as “Preparing for TR Job Interviews”
- Searchable Members Directory – Students find this useful when they start looking for preceptors for their essential internships/placements.
- Access to our Job Postings page
- Networking – As a student, it is invaluable to have the opportunity to network with over 1,800 members through conferences, social media and TR Awareness Month. TR is a relatively small field, and professional networking often helps students obtain their first TR job upon graduation.
- Updates – In this young profession, changes happen quickly; it is critical that students considering a career in TR stay up-to-date with TRO about recent developments in their field of choice through our biweekly e-TRO newsletter, social media and TRO Blog.