Welcome 2020-2021 EIP Schools:
Algonquin College Brock University Canadore College Confederation College Durham College Fleming College Georgian College Lambton College Mohawk College Niagara College Seneca College St. Lawrence College University of Waterloo
Please consult our TR Post-Secondary Programs webpage for a list of schools offering specific Therapeutic Recreation Degree and Diploma programs.
About the Education Institution Partnership (EIP)
Are you a recognized post-secondary education institution offering courses in Therapeutic Recreation (TR)? If so, the EIP will be a significant benefit for your students giving them an advantage in this competitive economy.
TRO is a professional association which exists in order to guide, support, educate and advocate for its members and provides direction for the advancement of this young profession. We recognize that your students are the future of the TR profession and we want their voices to be heard! The EIP provides an opportunity for all of your TR students (and one faculty) to experience the benefits of their professional membership association at no cost to them.
TR students will have access to the same benefits of a professional membership (excluding voting) without experiencing the fees.
- Transition Discount – Upon graduation, your students will be eligible for a Transition Year 50% discount on their first Professional/Registered Professional Membership with TRO!
- Access to resources such as “Preparing for TR Job Interviews” on the Student Centre page
- Access to our Job Postings page
- Searchable TRO Membership Directory – Students find this useful when they start looking for preceptors for their essential internships/placements.
- FREE Journal – Each education institution partner with TRO will receive one hard copy of the latest TRPR - Journal of TRO
- Networking – As a student, it is invaluable to have the opportunity to network with over 1,800 members through conferences, social media and the province-wide TR Awareness Month party. TR is a relatively small field, and professional networking often helps students obtain their first TR job upon graduation.
- Updates – In this young profession, changes happen quickly; it is critical that students considering a career in TR stay up-to-date with TRO about recent developments in their field of choice through our TRO Blog, biweekly e-TRO newsletter, and social media including Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
The cost for the EIP is $350 for a one-year membership which runs from September 1st to August 31st of the school year for which it was purchased. This fee includes TRO Student Memberships for all of your TR students as well as one faculty TRO Membership. Please click the link in the EIp Application Form below.
Click on the link above to apply today – student membership activation can begin as early as September 1st (EIP application forms are accepted throughout the year)!
Please contact the Communications Coordinator with any questions.