Having a membership with TRO does not mean a person is Registered with TRO. Registration means that a person has successfully applied for their designation. (R/TRO or R/TRO DIP).
Please note that all TRO members have access to the same benefits, with the exception of Student members not having voting rights.
- A strong voice to advocate for Therapeutic Recreation to government, healthcare, and the general public
- Advocacy tools including brochures, an elevator statement and promotional items
- Professional documents including standards of practice, code of ethics, essential competency framework, role descriptions
- Continuing education opportunities (annual TRO conference, webinars, workshops, events)
- Free download of the TRPR Journal
- Registration Designation for members to demonstrate a level of excellence in TR
- Career resources including job postings, TRO member directory, networking opportunities, job interview preperation, and liability insurance
- Discounted rates on TRO merchandise, Goodlife Fitness, Perkopolis, and CAA
- Current news in the field of TR included in TRO's e-TRO newsletter, blog, social media and upcoming events webpage
- Opportunity to connect with education institutions
- Volunteer oportunities
Select an option below to join as a NEW member, RENEW your existing membership, CHANGE your type of membership, or apply for an EIP membership: