(289) 626-TRO1 (8761) - Get In Touch

What is Professional Liability Insurance
and why do I need it?

Professional Liability, also called Malpractice Liability Insurance, protects you from incidents arising from your Recreation Therapy practice in Canada, subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions under the policy. It is a third-party policy for suits arising from the “negligence” in the rendering of or failure to render professional services. If you are a practicing Recreation Therapist in Canada, whether practicing for a week or for a year, full-time or part-time, you need Professional Liability Insurance. You are still liable for your services, regardless of whether you are being paid for the service you provide; you may be a “volunteer” for a sports team, or you may be providing casual “advice” to friends or acquaintances. You are protected if you teach or participate in courses involving clinical demonstrations on patients.

Professional Liability Insurance (PLI) Program

TRO has found a liability insurance provider with Prolink. They are offering us the most comprehensive insurance coverage available which provides professional liability and commercial general liability insurance within one simple policy.

All active TRO members who practice in Canada have the option to purchase this coverage.

Click on the image below for more details: