on the Registration application process
- The Practice Review Committee has revised the initial Registration (R/TRO, R/TRO DIP) application requirements so that you will no longer need to submit your membership certificate as supporting documentation in the Professional Affiliation section. TRO staff will simply confirm active membership status by reviewing your membership number in our system. Check your membership expiry date on your profile page to ensure your membership is active prior to submitting your application package.
- UPDATES OF THE REGISTRATION APPLICATION PACKAGE: As of September 1, 2015, the registration designation will have two titles, R/TRO for degree prepared practitioners, and R/TRO DIP for diploma prepared practitioners. Please review the new Registration (R/TRO & R/TRO DIP) Application Packages below.
- Please ensure you make a copy of your Application Package for your files, as successful Registration Portfolio Application Packages will not be returned unless you add an administration fee to your application (see application form for details).
ALL REGISTRATION PAYMENT ITEMS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Registration (R/TRO, R/TRO DIP) Application Forms and Instruction Packages
Initial Registration Application:
1. Download appropriate Application Instruction Package for full details of how to apply
2. Download and complete appropriate Application Forms
3. Complete registration application payment
Registration Appeal Process and Forms
Frequently Asked Questions about Registration Application
Yes you can – this is perfectly okay for you to do this
Yes you do.
If they are related to your current position, please submit them. If you are unsure if they qualify, please submit them in your package with an explanation of the organization and it’s applicability to your job. The Review Committee will decide if the affiliation(s) is (are) appropriate.
Unfortunately, the TRO office is not able to supply documentation for past conferences. It is imperative for you to keep all documentation for all conferences and workshops that you attend. We would also encourage you to participate in the PCC process at each TRO conference in order to ensure that there are clear records of your participation.
Yes you do need to be a member of TRO prior to being able to submit your Registration Application package. Click here to apply to become a new member.
You will be notified by mail regarding the status of your application in the month that your package is reviewed. For example, if you submitted your package for the November Review, you will be notified in November. If you are successful, you will receive a Registration Card and Registration pin. If you have not been successful, your letter will outline the missing information you will need to submit with your appeal.
Please ensure your package is postmarked by the first of the month prior to the review. Packages will be reviewed quarterly – February 1st, May 1st, August 1st, and November 1st.
Yes you do. You must maintain membership to maintain Registration. Any interruptions to your membership will nullify Registration status.
Click here to download the initial Registration (R/TRO, R/TRO DIP) forms to view the Professional Contribution Points page as a quick reference for professional contribution opportunities you may have participated in during the past 5 years and how many points you may obtain for each.
Application and Appeal Deadlines
Registration (R/TRO, R/TRO DIP)
(must be postmarked by the following dates)
|Month of Application Review|
Please contact the Practice Review Committee Chairs if you need assistance completing the documentation.