Happy New Year!
As we start a new year, and a new decade, my wish for you is health, happiness and great new adventures in TR. Keep in mind our vision, “Therapeutic Recreation for All” as you work and grow in TR.
We continue to work on the bold strategic plan set out this past year, and I would like to highlight some of the bold steps we have taken so far:
- The outcome of the Registration designation review recommendation #2 will be announced soon. It was recommended that we review the need for two designations or one. The working group has met four times this past quarter and has made a recommendation to the Steering Committee. The recommendation will be vetted and brought to the Board of Directors for approval. Once this occurs, we will develop a plan to implement the rest of the review team’s recommendations (some are already being worked on). Some can be done quickly while others will take more thought and careful planning, such as digitizing the process and additional resources such as hiring staff to support the process.
- We are also bolder in our communications to members through the improvement of the website. We have launched a communications survey to members that will serve as a guide to help us improve and enhance these communications (read below for more).
- We are launching a bold, new initiative with a TR Awareness Day at Queen’s Park this spring. Our goal is to educate our MPPs about the benefits of TR and about TRO.
- We are developing more education and professional development opportunities, including increasing the number of Education Days for members in 2020. We have booked a day in March in the GTA and a day in April in Kingston (more on that below).
- Our by-laws work continues into the new year. We have received our first rendition of the by-laws from the lawyer. Our goal is to present these new by-laws to membership at our AGM in June.
I am looking forward to another great year with TRO. As always, please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sue Verrilli, R/TRO