Long Term Care and Aging
Below are resources on the topic of Long Term Care and Aging.
- Older Adults– articles on topics surrounding leisure and therapeutic recreation for older adult populations in both residential and community settings. These manuscripts cover a variety of topics from active living to TR interventions and implications for successful ageing.
- The Gerontologist– publishes articles focusing on issues surrounding aging and eldercare from many disciplines on topics such as policy-making, and program and service development.
- Journal of Aging Studies– offers new theoretical and empirical studies that critique the current methods and practice focusing on the aging experience from a multitude of disciplines. Articles published in this journal tend to focus on new directions for the social and behavioral aspects of aging.
- Long-Term Care Home / Retirement Homes Resources(from the Ministry of Long-Term Care)
- Ethical guidance for people who work in long-term care
Below are resources on the topic of Dementia.
- Dementiability’s COVID-19 Resources
- Supporting residents with dementia during a pandemic(from Behavioural Supports Ontario)
- DICE: Dementia Inclusive Choices for Exercise
(from University of Waterloo and Partnerships in Dementia Care)
- Colouring Books for Adults(from DementiAbility)
- How to meaningfully connect with those who have dementia
(TED talk from Anne Basting)
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s– Research manuscripts and reviews about programming and best-practice methods for working with individuals living with dementia and Alzheimer’s.