(289) 626-TRO1 (8761) - Get In Touch

Therapeutic Recreation/Recreation Therapy is offered at both the college and university level in Ontario.

Although we make an effort to keep this page up to date, we recommend that you confirm the curriculum by visiting the school websites below. Please contact TRO if you would like to inform us of any updates to this list.

Please click on the individual schools for more details about admission requirements, curriculum details, practical experience, articulation agreements, etc.

Overview of Recreation Therapy Post-Secondary Programs in Ontario (PDF)

Therapeutic Recreation Degree Programs

Ontario College TR Graduate Certificate Programs (1 year)

TR Graduate Certificate Programs are available at the schools listed below. To be eligible for the 1-year certificate, applicants must have obtained a related post-secondary degree or diploma. 

Recreation Therapy Diplomas (2 year diploma)

There are a number of TR/RT diploma programs available in Ontario that offer options for students who have obtained a related post-secondary degree or diploma.