Purchase an Education Institution Partnership for all of your TR students and one faculty member!
The cost for the EIP is $350 for a one-year membership which runs from September 1st to August 31st of the school year for which it was purchased. Complete the form below to apply for a TRO Education Institution Partnership.
Members please login before submitting form.
Education Institution Partnership (EIP) Terms
Both Therapeutic Recreation Ontario (TRO) and its Education Institution Partners are committed to the advancement of the profession through the education of Therapeutic Recreation (TR) professionals. Through this EIP, both parties will work together to provide students interested in the field of Therapeutic Recreation an opportunity to experience the benefits of membership with TRO, the only professional association that represents TR professionals in the province, through a free student membership. This agreement outlines the responsibilities of each organization.
The term for the agreement is one year for the period of September 1 – August 31. It will take effect once the agreement has been signed by both parties and the fee ($350) associated with this agreement has been received by TRO.
TRO agrees to:
- Offer a free student associate membership to students who are enrolled at the education institution.
- Offer one (1) free membership (Professional or Associate) to an educator at the school.
- Once payment has been received, instructions of how to activate the membership will be sent to the educator.
- Offer a transition discount to graduates of the education institution who have activated their free student membership
- Give a presentation to students outlining the benefits of membership with TRO. Time and location (in-person or electronic) to be negotiated between the professor and TRO staff.
- Students who sign the PCC sign-in form are eligible for 1 free Professional Contribution Credit (PCC). The transcripts will be delivered to the in-class professor who is responsible for distributing the PCC transcript appropriately.
Education Institution Partner agrees to:
- Inform students of their free student membership through the payment of the fee associated with the EIP. Students who are Registered Professional Members may pay the difference between the student membership fee and Professional Membership to maintain their Registration designation.
- Inform students that if they already have an existing Professional or Associate Membership with TRO, they are not eligible for the Student Membership.
- Inform TRO of the number of students enrolled in each program year who are eligible for the free student associate membership.
- Forward the membership activation instructions to eligible students.
- Coordinate a presentation to students outlining the benefits of membership with TRO. Time and location (in-person or electronic) to be negotiated between the professor and TRO staff.
- Distribute the PCC transcript to eligible students.