Therapeutic Recreation Ontario (TRO) is a provincial professional association providing guidance, support, education and advocacy to enable Therapeutic Recreation practitioners to deliver quality professional services.
Professionals currently practicing in the field of Therapeutic Recreation (TR), individuals who are pursuing a degree or diploma in Therapeutic Recreation, as well as those who are interested in furthering the objectives of TRO and the TR profession are encouraged to become a member of TRO and may join at any time of the year.
All TRO members have access to the same benefits, with the exception of Student members not having voting rights.
TRO Membership Provides
- TRO Videos, Brochures, Infographics
- Elevator Statement on the benefits of TR
- Letters to employers communicating the benefit of hiring qualified
- TRO professionals who have their R/TRO designation
- Promotional items
- TR Awareness Month Package
- Therapeutic Recreation Practice and Research (TRPR) Journal of TRO
Unity of people in the field of Therapeutic Recreation from across the province
Strong voice to advocate for Therapeutic Recreation to government, other healthcare professionals and the general public.
Resources to begin a career in the field of Therapeutic Recreation
- Access to job postings
- Resources to prepare for TR Job Interviews
- Access to the TRO Membership Directory
- Networking opportunities (Annual TRO Conference, Social Media sites)
- Professional liability insurance
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Annual TRO Conference, webinars, workshops (members receive discounted rate)
- Therapeutic Recreation Practice & Research Journal (members download free)
- Upcoming Events list includes educational opportunities throughout the province
Professional documents to guide your TR practice
- TRO Standards of Practice (french/english)
- Code of Ethics
- Essential Competency Framework
- Role Descriptions
Updates on the field of TR
- Regular e-TRO correspondence
- Social Media
- Upcoming events
Professional Liability Insurance
- TRO has found a liability insurance provider with Prolink. They are offering us the most comprehensive insurance coverage available which provides professional liability and commercial general liability insurance within one simple policy.
- All active TRO members who practice in Canada have the option to purchase this coverage.
- Click here for more details.
- TRO education (Annual Conference, webinars, workshops)
- Promotional items
- Sonnet Insurance(home and auto)
- GoodLife Preferred Rate
- Perkopolis – discounts for entertainment, travel, home, shopping, and more.
- CAA Corporate Membership
- Transition Discount – a 50% discount towards purchasing your first Professional membership with TRO upon graduation